Monarch is a British low-cost airline based at Luton Airport, that operates scheduled flights to destinations in the Mediterranean, Canary Islands, Cyprus, Egypt, Greece and Turkey.
They have two sales campaigns:
1) Over 100.000 seats at £29
Validity: until 20.01.2017
Travel dates: 04.01.2017 – 30.04.2018.
2) Over 20.000 summer seats at £35 or less
Travel dates: 01.05.2017 – 20.10.2017
Selected dates, selected airports.Only includes flights from the UK.
Note: Advertised prices for both campaigns refer to one way tickets.
I have searched some routes for you:
1) Manchester to Faro (Portugal) £53 09.05.2017-24.05.2017
2) Manchester to Barcelona (Spain) £52 16.04.2017-28.04.2017
3) Manchester to Gibraltar £46 08.05.2017-23.05.2017
4) Manchester to Lisbon (Portugal) £54 19.03.2017-31.03.2017
5) Manchester to Funchal (Madeira-Portugal) £53 21.04.2017-06.05.2017
6) Manchester to Palma de Mallorca (Spain) £57 27.06.2017-15.07.2017
7) Manchester to Venice (Italy) £59 23.05.2017-13.06.2017
8) Manchester to Dubrovnik (Croatia) £104 16.08.2017-13.09.2017
8) Manchester to Zagreb (Croatia) £63 12.06.2017-19.06.2017
Similar prices are available from Birmingham, London or Leeds. I had to limit my outbound links due to Google warnings so please try to search your desired route by changing the departure on any link above.
For accommodation I recommend you to search hotels on HotelsCombined as it aggregates all booking portals including Booking. You can find hotel reviews on Tripadvisor which is also great for searching best places to visit.
Hostelworld offers perfect budget accommodation for students, backpackers and low cost travelers.
If you want to stay with a local, you should rent a room, apartment or house on Airbnb. When you travel on Airbnb, you will get £25 in travel credit as my referral.
I suggest to rent a car from RentalCars if you want to drive around.